Thursday, December 26, 2013

Revelations

I was the girl who was always there for you, until I became the woman who had to walk away. It’s not just you, It’s not just me. It’s us together that’s the problem. I pretend that I haven’t changed. You pretend you have changed. Why do we even need to pretend?

I have to be honest with myself about you, so that I can be honest with you about me.  You love me. I love you. But somehow we have disillusioned ourselves into thinking that love is enough. We made love the maximum when in reality love is the minimum. We must have so much more than love to have a healthy relationship. We must have a mentality that is committed to commitment. We must have a mentality that will allow us to love when we don’t feel love, forgive the unforgivable and give when there is nothing left to give.

I know that I’m not enough for you, because you won’t commit to me. I know that you’re not enough for me because you won’t commit to me. I know that I deserve better.  I may want you but I don’t need you. I may love you, but I love me more.  You’re not irreplaceable. Yes, there is no one else like you, but there is someone better.

I thought this time things would be different. I thought this time that we would be forever. I was so committed and dedicated to making it work. I have always wanted to make it work. Then I realized something. If it’s meant to be, I won’t have to MAKE it work. It will just be.

.:JRSN:.

6 comments:

  1. You are so talented! I love when you said love is not enough and the 1st sentence in the 2nd paragraph about honesty. I can tell you lived everything you wtote about. Relatable. True. Real. Heartfelt. Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very deep. This is one of the biggest lessons I've ever learned. Real love is effortless, and even when it gets hard, you still know it's real because the other person is working at it with you, so it's fine. There's power in the strength to let go because you allow other things to take form.
    Love your post, proud of you, girl. Keep up the writing and the moving forward, and there are great gifts in your future. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I can relate to this. W/o to much detail my first love was the same way and I had to learn what was right and wrong. Keep up the good work Nike<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. *snap snap* I love the depth in this.... It resonates well with me as well... I love it

    ReplyDelete