Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, Better Me

It’s New Years Day! January 1, 2014. I’m so blessed to see a new year. It’s such an amazing concept to think about how this year is like a clean slate. I haven’t made any mistakes this year, and I haven’t been mean to anyone this year. Each New Year,  is God giving us yet another chance to get it right.

A lot of people adopt the slogan, “New Year, New Me.” But I’m not going to do that. You see, I started my change last year.  I was already changing and making better choices. So this year, I don’t want a “new me” I just want a “better me.” I want to think better thoughts, so I can make better decisions. I want better friendships, relationships, finances and better grades, too. I want better for everyone around me and I want a better role in helping others. I want better for my family and friends who struggled a lot last year. I want better for the teams and athletes that I support and am a part of. I want better for Kobe and the Lakers. I want better for Michael Vick. I want better for the Braves. I want better for Allyson Felix. I want better for ALL UGA sports. I want this year to be better all around. Despite the injuries, coaching changes, transfers and trades that went forth last year and might happen this year, I want better. Point blank.

Once I make up in my mind to be better, I will be better. If everyone in the world, decided one little thing it’d be amazing. Not asking anyone to change completely or be a new them, but just decide to be better than last year. Imagine, how much less tragedy, pain and crime there would be if we all decide to be better. I left my pain, grudges and bitterness in 2013. I challenge YOU to do the same and be better in 2014.


.:JRSN:.

2 comments:

  1. Really feel where you're coming from. 2013 was by far 1 of the most challenging years for me. Love the growth and wisdom u have at such a young age. I too hate too have already started making positive changes in 2013. I take on this challenge to be a BETTER me, think BETTER, and do BETTER. No bitterness but "betterness" lol

    ReplyDelete