Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Present

What to write, what to write? I'm trying to gather up the strength to write something inspirational or motivational. The truth is, I don't have any. I don't even have any sad love poems or thoughts. (I know you all loved those.) So maybe I should write just real stuff, how I feel. Right now I feel tired. Physically, from being back in class and going through the hustle and bustle of being a student at a major university (UGA , Go Dawgs! ) Also, from being a student-athlete, track practice has been rough for me getting back into shape after being injured for almost two months. I'm also mentally tired, from thinking about all the things I want to accomplish this semester and devising a plan to achieve those goals. Next, I'm emotionally tired from investing so many emotions into one or two particular things and getting worked up over them. So really tired is an understatement

I'm good at writing inspirational posts and even better at writing sad posts, but this post is an 'in-between' post. I'm not quite sure how I feel about any particular thing right now. I have so many goals and hopes, but then again I don't want to get too focused on expectations. I recently came across a quote while scrolling on Instagram (where I tend to scroll a lot) and I'd like to share the quote with you. "Those who are depressed, spend too much time thinking about the past. Those who are anxious, spend too much time thinking about the future..." I can't remember the rest, but that in itself is very profound. So I'm not going to think too much about the past or the future and just live in the present. I'll see how that goes...

.:JRSN:.

1 comment:

  1. So how has living in the present been? Have you been consistent?

    ReplyDelete